The Perspective of Jian-De Bilingual Junior High School
According to the “108 Curriculum Guidelines of 12-Year
Basic Education”, Jian-De Junior High School has officially been
recognized as a bilingual school under the "Keelung City Bilingual School Grading and
Selection Plan" in 2021.
As a pilot of bilingual education, one-third of our curriculum will be taught in both the native language and English. All content subjects, such as mathematics, science, physical education, and etcetera will incorporate English as part of the course. While it is necessary for students to prepare for the English Subject of the Standardized Test, “108 Curriculum Guidelines of 12-year Basic Education” suggests that students should focus more on their communication skills, specifically speaking and listening.
The following are the learning standards we expect from
- Cultivate the ability of listening, speaking, reading and writing in English, and apply it in daily life.
- Improve interests in learning English and have a positive learning attitude, and take the initiative to obtain knowledge in various fields.
- Construct effective English learning methods, strengthen self-study ability, and lay the foundation for lifelong learning.
- Respect and accept multiculturalism, cultivate an international perspective and a worldview of global sustainable development.
- Cultivate the ability of logical thinking, analysis, integration and innovation in English.
With the help of both the English Education Resource Center and English Guide Group, Jian-De Junior High School will be cooperating with two other pilot junior high schools to improve our curriculum and syllabus. By cooperating with one another, we hope schools will be able to share resources, discuss best pedagogy practices, and collaborate in course planning. This will become a cornerstone of our educational foundation.
We believe our students should have the opportunity to
use the English language because in doing so would allow our
students to use English with confidence. Using the English language
on a daily basis would lead students to speak with high fluency.
English, as a tool, will allow students to broaden their horizons.
With a strong body and mind and with rich learning experiences, we
hope our students will move to the next stage of their life with
the necessary tools to achieve their dreams.
依據《12年基礎教育-108課程大綱》，本校(建德國中) 於2021年獲《基隆市雙語學校分級選拔計劃》正式認定為雙語學校。 作為雙語教育的領航學校，本校三分之一的課程將以母語和英語同時授課。所有內容科目，如數學、科學、體育等，都將英語作為課程的一部分。雖然學生們都必須要準備國中基本學測的英語科目，但“12年基礎教育-108課程大綱”建議學生應更加注重溝通技巧，特別是口語和聽力。 以下是我們對學生的學習期望：